September 30, 2009

Every good and perfect gift!



"If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!"
Matthew 7:11

The good gifts of the heavenly Father are more numerable than we could ever imagine. Just yesterday I was taking Eden and Rudy for a walk and was struck with how good He is to give us beautiful weather. The Fall could have easily ruined weather totally for us. But in the Lord's grace He chose to give us perfect autumn days where we can sit on a blanket in the grass perfectly comfortable for hours.

Our lives have been a testimony to the many gifts He gives. There are so many stories we could tell you about how the Lord provided in some amazing ways and gave us unexpected, over the top gifts. Our entire honeymoon was paid for, mostly by people we had never met. Just before we were married we desperately needed a car. Mine had just died for good and Clint's Honda with 250,000 miles was less than reliable! Two months before the wedding, another person we had never met gave us a CAR! An Audi at that! When we began praying that the Lord would allow us to start a family, we also began praying for a home. We had nowhere close to the finances needed to purchase one. A few months later the Lord blessed us with a very unexpected generous gift from again, people we had never met, that allowed us to put a down payment on a house! "...how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!" Amen.

And so the Lord, again, adds another chapter to His gracious gift-giving. Last night I went to Clint's flag football game. Almost as soon as I arrived at the field my phone rang. It was 8pm and a number that I didn't recognize popped up on my screen. Usually, I don't answer calls from numbers that aren't programmed in, but for whatever reason...I answered. Rhonda was the very polite, excited voice on the other end of the line. "May I speak with Rachel?". I was right, I didn't know the number. Rhonda works for Lifeway Christian Magazines. She proceeded to inform me that in August I signed up for a vacation sweepstakes from their ParentLife magazine. This is the first time I have ever attempted this. And on a whim, in August I thought, "what the heck...never know...the Lord always does things like this for us!" Lo and behold...WE WON!! At this point I am giddy and somewhat confused. I remembered signing up for it, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember where the vacation was! And then the best part...."The vacation you won is to Captiva Island, Florida."



This place is BEAUTIFUL. Now I remembered why I signed up...the picture and description of the South Seas Resort was AMAZING! And we won! The best part of this whole thing is that in about a month, on November 4th, Clint and I will be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary! What a better way to do it than on the gulf coast, where we celebrated our honeymoon!

We are overwhelmed by this timely, gracious, exciting gift. Another reminder of the goodness, loving kindness, and grace of our Lord. He is truly the perfect Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment