November 19, 2009

Confession...

I love magazines.  LOVE them.  I currently have at least 5 subscriptions that were given to me as gifts.  And I love them.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about the many magazines that celebrate the sin of our culture.  There are too many to name that wrongfully worship sex, gossip, and materialism, to name a few.  No, thank you.  But oh, the magazines that celebrate homemaking, entertaining, cooking and decorating (Southern Living, anyone?)!  I can devour them.  And I do...when I get the chance. 

Recently Clint and I were in Richmond, VA for a marriage retreat.  After dinner we went to the local Barnes and Noble to browse.  We were perusing the Christian living section when something caught my eye.  It appeared to be a Martha Stewart Living type of magazine....but at the top, above the title, was written "Faith for your journey."  Could it be?  A Christian homemaking magazine??  YES!  Hooray!!  And lo and behold...its as amazing as it sounds.

life:beautiful is indeed a Christian homemaking magazine.  I was hesitant at first that it may be just a homemaking magazine with some Bible verses strategically placed in there to market to the Christian world.  But I was pleasantly surprised.  It delivers in both creativity, and sound biblical teaching.  I especially love the secion on how to make your holidays more Christ-centered and God-honoring.   I have reaped tons of both creative, fun, ideas, and spiritual nourishment from it...and I'm only halfway through! 

It is an up and coming magazine that I hope gains much ground!  Consequently, its pricey for a subscription.  $18.95 for just 4 issues!  Ouch.  As I continue to deliberate about getting this for myself, and every other woman I know,  I hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment