January 7, 2010

I hate carrots...

Not cooked ones, I have grown to like those.  But raw carrots taste like dirt to me.  I was never one of those girls who snacked on raw carrots and celery (which I also hate) before practice.  No matter how mind-over-matter I can get, I just can't eat them.

However, my sweet husband bought me a juicer for Christmas.  I have been wanting one for a little over a year, but because of mixed reviews on any under the $200 mark, I refused to buy one.  He researched, bought the Jack Lalane Power Juicer Pro, and proudly presented it to me on Christmas morning.  Because of our crazy December, this morning was our first attempt at making a little concoction.

We threw some fruits and veggies in and viola!  Beautiful, tasty juice!  We are hoping that this juicer helps us get up to the 5-9 fruits and veggies a day mark!  Call it a New Years resolution, heres to better health!

Our fave (and only) recipe?
2 carrots and one navel orange per person.

Give it to the carrot-hater in your life.  Their eyes will thank you!

2 comments:

  1. oooh. Fun! I have a juicer (a cheapy one, but it suffices) I like carrots and apples. and it's always nice to throw in a few grapes. Also if its too pulpy, get a fine mesh strainer to strain mroe for a finer juice. (but it may have been my cheapier juicer that left too much pulp)

    Enjoy! have you give it to Eden?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eden loves it...though at first she was very skeptical! She usually only drinks water and milk!

    ReplyDelete