January 11, 2010

W

My mom recently bought me a subscription to Cookie magazine.  It's a sort-of rich mommy magazine.  I enjoyed it most of the time, though 90% of the clothes in it were wildly overpriced.  It gave me some good ideas to go look for in TJ Maxx.  And I like to think it was keeping me trendy (something I have struggled to be since becoming a mom...or college student!).

But recently, I received a notification that Cookie would no longer be in publication. Though a little disappointed, it was nothing like getting the notice that Wondertime would be done!  So the nice people at Cookie decided to send me W magazine instead.  The note attached to my last issue said that they knew I would love W.  It is a magazine for the affluent, cultural fashionistas of the world.  Clearly, they know me well.

A few days ago I received my first issue of W.  Jennifer Garner posing on the front in a beautiful orange dress.  So I opened and began investigating this W.  On one of the first few pages there was a blurb about what Miss Garner was wearing.  Cartier necklace...450,000 dollars!  Why is that even listed?  Does anyone see that and say "Oh! Thats EXACTLY what I want for my birthday!"  What in the world?  And that's where I stopped.  Oh well....it was fun while it lasted.

As for that necklace...If anyone is interested in buying it for me:  be warned, I will take it to a pawn shop...and buy a few houses with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment