October 18, 2010

Ananias of Damascus (Acts 9:10-17, 22:6-16):

9 Mediations on the man we named our 1st born son after
 

4. Ananias Responds to God

Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Isaiah, Samuel and…Ananias? If you are familiar with the Christian faith you are familiar with the first 5 heroes that I mentioned. What do they have in common with Ananias of Damascus? Very simple, God spoke to them and their response was either “Here am I” (Abraham, Jacob, Isaiah) or “Here I am” (Moses, Samuel). Acts 9:10b Ananias responds to God, “Here I am, Lord.” I love this. I love the posture of these men being ready to listen to God when He speaks.  It reminds me of standing in the dugout before a little league baseball game…the coach begins to read the lineup card, “leading off playing center field” and then you hear your name called.  You sprint out onto the field ready to give your all and represent your team, thankful that the head coach picked you and sent you.  God addresses these men as The Coach and immediately they present themselves to the God whom they love and follow.  God speaks and out onto the field they go, ready to represent their Coach by playing their position with all they have.

Nias,
I pray that God calls you and that you respond to His voice, ready to do whatever He calls you to do. I pray that He launches you into Kingdom labor that you have no hope to accomplish, save the grace, mercy and power of He who sends you.

No comments:

Post a Comment